I remember the times I could cook whatever I wanted. Prep work and cook times didn’t matter, and I could put my food in pretty dishes and eat at the table. Flash forward a couple years and I’m scrambling through Kroger at 8:15pm with baby poo on my shirt because we need food in the house and I don’t want to haul the boys to the grocery the next day. While my cooking habits have changed, I still have several tried and true recipes that are compatible with mom life. These recipes will get you in and out of the kitchen, satisfy that stomach growling, and even allow for enough leftovers to meal plan or prep for the next couple of days.
Sausage, Spinach, Egg, and Cheese Bake
This recipe makes enough deliciousness for 6-8 breakfasts, depending on portion size. But if it only gets you 4-6 portions, I won’t judge you, girl. You’ll need:
- 7-8 eggs
- 1lb sausage
- Baby spinach
- Shredded cheese
- Seasoned salt
- Add in option: shredded hash browns (IIFYM day, Anyone?)
- Cook sausage in skillet until brown
- Add 2-4 handfuls of baby spinach. Thats about as specific as my measuring gets.
- If you’re adding hash browns, add them in now and cook until softened. If you’re not, then cook spinach and sausage until spinach wilts down.
- Sprinkle spinach and sausage with seasoned salt and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, scramble the eggs
- Pour the eggs over the spinach and sausage
- Add in around 1/4c shredded cheese. Now, if you don’t think that’s very much, you are correct. Throw yourself some more in there if you’d like. Life is short. Be happy.
- Mix everything together and pour into a greased 9×13 glasses baking dish
- Add more shredded cheese on top because why not
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes
Taco Skillet (with cheese and veggies)
I found this recipe a few years ago and it is so simple and delicious. There’s even a few veggies hidden in there, so if you’re someone who has a hard time getting their servings of veggies in, this is the perfect dish. Since I didn’t creat this recipe, I will link the original here.
Shrimp Stir Fry
If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this recipe in my stories. This dish is super fast, and can be made using ONE pan. Hello, convenience. I’m not even crazy about shrimp unlikes it has about an inch of breading on it, but I will eat my weight in this stir fry. Pictured you will see the stir fry mix I used and frozen shrimp. Find the full recipe here.
Hopefully these recipes will give you a little extra help with meal planning and prep! I will continue to share the fastest and easiest recipes as I find new favorites. You can also check out my Instagram stories as I usually have something cooking over there! Instagram: blwalker_528